The Short Inca Trail 2 day option allows you to experience some of the secrets of the Incas whithout camping in close proximity to aboultion facilities.
There is no way to explain the surpise whenafter a four hour steep walk upwards, crossing the path of the second most important Inca ruin “Wina Wayna”, which by the way is beautiful and well worth the climb you scramble up a steep flight of stairs and then your breathe is truly taken away at the Sun gate.
Short Inca Trail 2 Days Itinerary
Day 1: Cusco – Km104 – Aguas Calientes
Our trek today takes us along the most impressive stretch of the Inca Trail. We’ll visit beautiful Inca sites , see a variety of flora and fauna and get to take in the fantastic panoramas of the Andes mountains. Covering 10km of the trail our journey begins in the Sacred Valley and works it’s way up along an original Inca Trail to the Inca site of Winay Wayna before continuing on to Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate (Inti Punku).
As we make our way to Machu Picchu we’ll pass through the lush and verdant cloud forest that covers the mountain and get to see a variety of plants, flowers and birds along the way. We may also see some larger mammals such as Viscachas (rabbit-like Chinchillas) and Spectacled Bears (if we are very lucky).
After a full days trekking we’ll arrive to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) in the late afternoon and get our first views of Machu Picchu spread out on the mountain below. The light at this time of day is great for photos and with fewer tourists in the site it’s a perfect time to take some pictures of the site. After we’ve passed through the Sun Gate we’ll carry on along the trail a little way before taking a side trail that leads us to Aguas Calientes in the valley below where we’ll check in to our hotel.
Day 2: Machu Picchu.
Waking up early we’ll take the first bus back up to Machu Picchu to enter the site as it opens. We’ll have a 2 hour guided tour of the site during which you’ll learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel. After your tour you’ll have free time to explore the site by yourself and if you have permits to climb either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain. In the afternoon you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo from where you will carry on by bus back to Cusco.
Includes in Short Inca Trail
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+
- Pick-up from Plaza Regocijo
- Train to Km104
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Boxed Lunch, 1 Dinner. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- 3 Star Hotel (La Cabaña, Waman, Santuario or similar).
- Oxygen bottle for emergencies.
- First aid kit for emergencies.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu ruins.
- 2 Bus tickets for the second day (Aguas Calientes -Machu Picchu – Aguas Caliente).
Does Not Include
- Breakfast on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 2
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
What you need to take
- Original Passport
- University Student card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
Aditionals/Extras Not Included (Need to book in Advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00
- Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Cusco: USD 50.00
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired.
Prices for Short Inca Trail 2 Days
- 2 hikers: US$550 per person
- 3 hikers: US$535 per person
- 4 hikers: US$510 per person
- 5 hikers: US$490 per person
- 6 hikers: US$470 per person
- 7+ hikers: US$430 per person
IMPORTANT: The 2 day Inca trail Prices Depend on the final number of people in your group. If there is a cancellation please note, the price per person
will reflect the actual number of people going on the trek.
Please NOTE, you MUST be aware at this point that it could just be 2 in the group ( in order to make sure you will be part of a bigger group please email us to double check our already existing groups and the number of people in each of them).
Important: On your request we can book this trip as a Private Service.
Maximum Group size for the 2 day 1 night Inca Trail: 16 people with 2 Guides.