In Inca Jungle Trail 3 Days you can make Biking, cable cars, rafting, canopy zipping, thermal water – this trip is a different way of getting to Machu Picchu and a great alternative to the classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. The trek has become very popular and is attracting many young and adventurous people who wish more activities than just hiking on their journey to Machu Picchu. The views on this route are stunning and following the trail you will see a rich flora and fauna, amazing landscapes and even walk on an original Inca Trail. Arriving at the sanctuary of Machu Picchu, a guided tour will make sure you will get to know everything about this fantastic and mystical place and even more challenges will be waiting for you, if desired – for example climbing up the Huayna Picchu.
Inca Jungle Trail 3 Days Itinerary
DAY 1: CUSCO-ABRA MALAGA-SANTA MARÍA-SANTA TERESA.
The first day starts early in the morning; we will pick you up from your hotel between 6:30 to 7:00 am. For two hours we cross through the Sacred Valley of the Incas. A very famous Valley due it is the leading producer of vegetables in the Cusco region, besides to host imposing Inca palaces and buildings. During the route we stop for 30 minutes in Ollantaytambo village, where we have breakfast and buy some candies, chocolates, cookies, and energizantes, we will continue driving for 1 more hour until arriving to Abra Malaga pass , located at 4350 m.a.s.l. From where we will descend with bicycles for around 3 hours observing small towns, fruit plantations, rivers and creeks until arriving to the town of Huamanmarca, where we catch again the car that will transport us for 30 more minutes to Santa Maria town, where we will have lunch. In the afternoon at 15:00 pm you can go to do river rafting (not included/optional). 2 hours of full adrenaline and fun into the Urubamba river of lll and IV lvel. After finishing rafting you will catch the car again and it will transport to the Santa Teresa town where you will spend the night.
DAY 2: SANTA TERESA – HIDROELÉCTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES.
We wake up at 8:00 am and after breakfast we will go to zip lining (not included/optional).After zip lining we will catch the car that will transport us to the town of Hidroelectrica, where we have lunch and resting time, in the afternoon we will continue hiking for 3 more hours next to the train railway, where we will observe beautiful landscapes until arriving to Aguas Calientes town where we will spend the night.
DAY 3: AGUAS CALIENTES- MACHUPICCHU-CUSCO.
This day will be for sure the most fascinating for you, because you will see Machupicchu in all its glory from dawn. We get up at 5:00 am and after our breakfast we will go to the bus station for boarding the first bus that leaving at 5:30 am to be in Machupicchu at 6:00 am. Inside Machupicchu we will have 2 hours guided tour where you will visit the most remarkable places such as: el torreón semicircular, el templo de las tres ventanas, el intihuatana, el templo del cóndor, la sala de los morteros y el baño del inca. Then you will have free time to explore Machupicchu by your own or descend to Aguas calientes (Lunch in not included). In the afternoon you will board the train from Aguas calientes to Ollantaytambo, place from where you will be transported by touristic bus to Cusco. Estimated arrival to Cusco (20:00 pm)
End of the Inca Jungle Trail
WHAT IS INCLUDED INCA JUNGLE TRAIL 3 DAYS:
- Transport from Cusco to Abra Malaga
- Packed lunch for day 1
- Food from lunch day 1 to breakfast day 3
- Professional bilingual guide
- Bike with front suspension, gloves and helmet
- 02 nights accommodation in basic hostels/lodges
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Train back and transport to Cusco
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Lunch/dinner day 3
- Rafting in Santa Maria, optional US$35
- Zip line in Santa Teresa, optional US$30
- Cable car, 5 soles (not optional)
- Hot Springs in Santa Teresa, optional 5 soles
- Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes, optional 10 soles
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu, optional US$12 each way
- Huayna Picchu (US$10) or Machu Picchu Mountain (US$6) see info below
PRICES FOR INCA JUNGE TRAIL 3 DAYS
- 1 person $445 per person
- 2 people $405 per person
- 3 people $375 per person
- 4 people $350 per person
- 5 to + people $330 per person
***This tour requires a minimum of 3 person for booking.
***This tour can only be done at certain time of year due to weather conditions.
- Under 18 years old: US$30 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 11 years old: US$40 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Group of 5 or more: US$30. – All you need is to book the trek together at the same time.
- Walking Poles – US$15 per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended)
- Additional Night in Aguas Calientes – From US $60 (depending on availability)
- Vistadome Train Upgrade – US$57 per person (For the return to Cusco (Poroy) at 4:43pm )
- Huayna Picchu Mountain – US$35 per person (Please request when you book your Trek)
- Machu Picchu Mountain – US$30 per person (Please request when you book your Trek)
- Single Supplement – US$30 2* for single travelers